The 3rd annual Volunteer Fair took place on August 27, 2016. View the photos from the 2016 Volunteer Fair.
It was a great opportunity to meet face-to-face with representatives from a wide array of community-based organizations and learn about their volunteer and nonprofit opportunities.
Organizations who attended in 2016 Volunteer Fair:
- AARP Foundation Tax AideAlliance Francaise of Northwestern Connecticut, Inc.
- Alternatives to Violence Project
- American Legion Post #147
- American Legion Post #204
- American Red Cross
- Arts Escape
- Audubon Center Bent of the River
- B'nai Israel
- Community Chapel
- Community Emergency Response Team (CERT)
- Connecticut Community Foundation
- Christ the Redeemer Church
- EverWonder Children's Museum
- Family and Children's Aid
- Friends of the Southbury Library, Inc.
- Guiding Eyes for the Blind
- Heritage Village Ambulance
- HomeFront Inc.
- Jewish Federation of Western CT
- Knights of Columbus, Council 5066
- Ladies' Auxiliary of the Southbury Volunteer Firemen's Association
- Literacy Volunteers of Greater Waterbury
- Little Britches Therapeutic Riding Inc.
- Maddie's HerdPalace Theater
- Pomperaug River Watershed Coalition
- Regional Hospice Southbury Chapter
- S.M.A.R.T. (Southbury - Middlebury Acting Responsibly Together)
- Sacred Heart Church
- Southbury Ambulance Association
- Southbury Community Trust Fund
- Southbury Republican Town Committee
- Southbury Economic Development Commission
- Southbury Film Commission
- Southbury Food Bank
- Southbury Garden Club
- Southbury Historical Society
- Southbury Land Trust
- Southbury Volunteer Firemen's Assoc.
- Southbury Women's Club
- Southbury Woodbury Interfaith Ministries (S.W.I.M.)
- Upper Room Thrift Shop at Episcopal Church of the Epiphany
- Veterans of Foreign Wars, Post 1607
Sponsored in part by the Southbury Community Trust Fund at the Connecticut Community Foundation.