COVID-19 Vaccine Information
Everyone 16 and older who lives, works or studies in Connecticut is eligible for the COVID-19 vaccine.
For details on eligibility, please go to CT COVID-19 Vaccine: Phases and Eligibility page.
COVID 19 Vaccinations are free. No-one should ask for:
- Payment (cash or check)
- Credit card or bank information
- Social Security numbers, Passport information or other personal information (unless it is medical insurance related.)
They will ask for your insurance card. You will not see a charge, but it allows the health care professionals who administer the vaccine to be paid for their time.
FDA: COVID-19 Vaccines Information
Walk-Up COVID-19 Vaccine Locations
There are now over 50 locations across Connecticut accepting walk-up vaccine appointments. This means you can now get vaccinated at these locations during the hours they accept walk-up appointments, without having to schedule in advance.
To view participating locations go to portal.ct.gov/vaccine-portal/COVID-19-Vaccination-Walkup.
VA Connecticut COVID-19 Vaccination Walk-in Clinics
Effective March 1, vaccine is now available to ENROLLED veterans regardless of age.
For up-to-date schedules of the walk-in clinics, go to https://www.facebook.com/VAConnecticut.
Schedule through the Vaccine Administration Management System (VAMS)
An online scheduling portal that allows individuals with an email address to create an account, log in, and search for a vaccine clinic near them.
- General information: portal.ct.gov/Coronavirus/COVID-19-Vaccinations
- To register online go to Vaccine Administration Management System. You will need to enter your full name, date of birth, zip code, occupation (including “retired”), and email address. The information you enter will only be used for purposes of scheduling your vaccination, and will be kept private. Once registered, VAMS will email you to guide you through the appointment process for receiving the COVID-19 vaccine.
- Many providers can be accessed through the VAMS scheduling system including:
- Trinity Health of New England (hospitals and other locations)
- Griffin Hospital
- Nuvance Health
- Stamford Hospital
- Bristol Hospital
- Local Health Departments
- Federally Qualified Health Centers
- Tips and more information about how to use VAMS: portal.ct.gov/Coronavirus/COVID-19-Vaccinations---VAMS-Support
Pomperaug District Department of Health
Schedule directly through a participating provider:
Many healthcare providers across the State are currently offering direct scheduling. All locations require pre-scheduling and registration – no walk-ins will be allowed.
To register by phone:
Due to high call volume, this option is only recommended for individuals who cannot use VAMS or a provider link to schedule.
- CT COVID Vaccine Appointment Assist Line: 877-918-2224
- Mondays through Fridays from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- A call-back option will be offered when all contact specialists are busy serving other callers. The team will aim to return calls as soon as possible, with the goal of same-day response.