COVID-19 Vaccine Information
COVID-19 Vaccine Eligibility
Everyone 5 years and older is eligible to be vaccinated in Connecticut.
For details on eligibility, please go to CT COVID-19 Vaccine: Phases and Eligibility page.
COVID-19 Booster Dose Eligibility
Pfizer Booster Shot:
- 6 months after 2nd dose
- 65 years and older
- Age 18+ who live in long-term care settings
- Age 18+ who have underlying medical conditions
- Age 18+ who work in high-risk settings
- Age 18+ who live in high-risk settings
Moderna Booster Shot:
- 6 months afetr 2nd dose
- 65 years of age and older
- 18 through 64 years of age at high risk of severe COVID-19
- 18 through 64 years of age with frequent institutional or occupational exposure to COVID-19
Johnson & Johnson Booster Shot (2 months after last dose):
- individuals 18 years of age and older
Pfizer COVID Vaccine (as of 11/3/2021):
- children 5-11 years old (2 dose series)
COVID 19 Vaccinations are free. No-one should ask for:
- Payment (cash or check)
- Credit card or bank information
- Social Security numbers, Passport information or other personal information (unless it is medical insurance related.)
They will ask for your insurance card. You will not see a charge, but it allows the health care professionals who administer the vaccine to be paid for their time.
Housatonic Valley Health District
- The latest COVID-19 vaccination information: hvhd.us
FDA: COVID-19 Vaccines Information
Walk-Up COVID-19 Vaccine Locations
There are now over 50 locations across Connecticut accepting walk-up vaccine appointments. This means you can now get vaccinated at these locations during the hours they accept walk-up appointments, without having to schedule in advance.
To view participating locations go to portal.ct.gov/vaccine-portal/COVID-19-Vaccination-Walkup.
If you are physically or medically unable to leave your home to get the COVID-19 shot, you can receive the vaccine at home. Please fill out this form and a person in your town will contact you.
Schedule directly through a participating provider:
Many healthcare providers across the State are currently offering direct scheduling. All locations require pre-scheduling and registration – no walk-ins will be allowed.
To register by phone:
Due to high call volume, this option is only recommended for individuals who cannot use VAMS or a provider link to schedule.
- CT COVID Vaccine Appointment Assist Line: 877-918-2224
- Mondays through Fridays from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- A call-back option will be offered when all contact specialists are busy serving other callers. The team will aim to return calls as soon as possible, with the goal of same-day response.