In November 3rd election, electors will be voting for US President, US Representative in Congress, State Senator, State Representative and Southbury Registrar of Voters.
The Town of Southbury has three polling locations:
- Voting District #1, Firehouse, 461 Main Street South
- Voting District #2, Public Library, 100 Poverty Road
- Voting District #3, Community Building (Senior Center/Parks & Rec), 561 Main Street South
Voters will vote at their assigned district polling sites. Click here to find your voting district and a polling location. All three polling places are open on November 3, 2020.
- All elections, primaries and referenda are from 6:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
- November 3: Election Day Registration
This is available to those who are a U.S. citizens, 18 years of age and a bona fide resident of the municipality. Identification is required - the voter must prove their identity and Southbury residence. For the greatest convenience, electors are encouraged to register by the appropriate deadlines whenever possible. Election Day voter registration will take place at Southbury Town Hall in room 201 (enter through door next to the ballot box - it is accessed from the upper parking lot and located on the left side of the building). All same day applicants MUST cast the ballot immediately after registration.
Click here to find out how to register to vote.
If you don’t know if you are registered to vote, you can look it up at Voter Registration Lookup website.
- Voters must provided identification to vote at the polling place. Acceptable forms of identification include: a driver’s license or other photo ID; U.S Passport; a pre-printed form of ID, like a tax bill or utility bill, pay stub or bank statement; Social Security card or other government document that shows your name and address; a document that shows your name and signature (i.e. a credit card).