Parks and Recreation
561 Main Street South
Southbury, CT 06488
Maps and Directions
Monday - Thursday:
8:00am - 4:30pm
Fri: 8:00am - 1:00pm
Southbury Town Pool at Ballantine
Location: Ballantine Park, 611 Old Field Road, Southbury.
The Southbury Town Pool at Ballantine Park will open June 12, 2021 as your favorite destination to cool off this summer. The facility is the perfect spot for warm weather relaxation and enjoyment. Food and drink are allowed, but NO GLASS is permitted. In addition to our main pool, the Ballantine kiddie pool will be open for our youngest swimmers. Children who are not potty-trained must wear a swim diaper. The bath house provides women’s and men’s restrooms and changing rooms.
Swim lessons are offered at the Town Pool - click here for details.
Available 24/7. Pay with Visa or Mastercard.
Fill out Registration Form
and bring with your payment to
Parks and Recreation Department at 561 Main Street South.
Checks payable to "Southbury Parks and Recreation"
Day passes will be sold at the pool or at the office.
Check or credit card ONLY will be required for purchase, along with proof of residency.
2021 Pool Hours*
|Daily Open Swim
|June 12 - August 30
||12:30 pm – 6:00 pm
|Labor Day Weekend, Friday-Monday, September 4-6
||12:00 pm – 5:00 pm
|June 21 - July 30
||Monday to Thursday: 7:00 pm – 8:00 pm
|August 2 - August 20
||Monday to Thursday: 6:00 pm – 7:00 pm
*To serve you better, all schedules of SP&R are subject to change.
- Pool passes are available online or at the Southbury Parks & Recreation Office. Pool passes purchased online will be mailed to you.
- Day passes will be sold at the pool or at the Southbury Parks & Recreation Office. Check or credit card ONLY will be required for purchase, along with proof of residency. A non-resident must be accompanied by a resident to purchase a day pass.
- Patrons are required to show their pass or purchase receipt, along with identification, prior to entering the facility.
- A limited number of chairs are available for patrons at the pool. Please feel free to bring your own chair.
- If you, or a family member are feeling unwell in any way, please do not come to the pool.
- All patrons must wear a mask and shoes except when swimming.
- Patrons must maintain ample social distance on deck and while in the water.
Pool Membership Fees
||2 Adults & 2 Children (under 22 years of age) permanently residing in the same household. Permanent caregivers or nannies may count as a family adult.
||Additional children up to age 17 of any family over the two paid for in a family pass
||Adults and youth ages 17 and over
||Adults age 55 and over
||$12 (Resident) / $16 (Non-Resident)
||Child under 14 years old
||$8 (Resident) / $10 (Non-Resident)
Non-Residents are invited to purchase a Town Pool membership for an additional 50% more. Proof of residency is required for purchase. Passes are required to enter the facility at all times, even if you are not swimming.