- If you do not have power, please call Eversource at 1-800-286-2000. They want to be assured that your outage is not overlooked. There are incidents where Eversource crews are reporting restoration but may not be aware of individual situations.
- Eversource reminds everyone that we are now at a point that ALL wires should be considered live. If you are using an improperly installed generator, using it will slow down the recovery. Please refer to our website for proper generator use. The detection of such a generator will cause the crew to move from your location to another location. Again, safety is the first priority. All wires should be considered live.
- Eversource report from last night: www.southbury-ct.org/filestorage/6821/25397/Eversource_CT_Southbury_Emergency_Briefing_5-20-18_5pm.pdf.
- Public Works continue clearing roads.
- Please DO NOT put storm debris in the right of way or in the road. This will hamper the clean-up and restoration efforts.
- A big thank you to the following towns that have sent crews to help us today: Fairfield, West Hartford, Wolcott, Washington, Monroe, Watertown and Redding.
- The Transfer Station is open from 7am to 5pm, every day, including today, through Saturday, May 26, 2018.
- Parks and Rec is available for showers and device charging until 4 pm.
- Pomperaug High School is available for showers and device charging today from 3-10 pm.
The Town is open for business as usual. Please contact the appropriate department for your situation.
- Emergency 911
- General storm related questions 203-262-0647
- Building Inspector (for damaged homes) 203-262-0609
- Water is available at Community House Park; please bring your own containers.
- Water is also available at the hydrant in the front of the Fire House, bring your own containers.