501 Main Street South
Southbury, CT 06488
Maps and Directions
Monday - Thursday:
8:00am - 4:30pm
Fri: 8:00am - 1:00pm
The second installment is due January 1, 2021 but you have until February 1, 2021 to pay without penalty.
Paying Taxes Online
Paying Taxes by Phone
- To pay your bill by phone call 1-866-843-5096.
- You will need to have your tax bill available.
- Visa, Mastercard, American Express or Discover cards are accepted.
- Fees applied:
Paying Taxes by Mail
- Mail your payment to
- Lock Box Processing Center at Town of Southbury, Dept. 3610, P.O. Box 4110, Woburn, Ma 01888-4110
- Town of Southbury, PO Box 467, Southbury, CT 06488
- You must include the appropriate tax bill stub for the period being paid with your payment.
Paying Taxes in Person
Due to COVID-19, Southbury Town Hall offices are open to the public on a limited basis. The open hours are:
Monday – Thursday 10:00am – 2:00pm and Friday 10:00am – 12:00pm.
Visitors will be admitted on a first come first served basis with possible wait times due to COVID-19 protocol. The public entrance is at the lower corridor of Town Hall, accessed from the lower parking lot, and all other doors will remain locked. There is a greeter stationed at the entrance to manage capacity restrictions.
Payments accepted at the Southbury Tax Collector’s Office:
- Money Order
- Bank Check
- Cash but only up to $50 (fifty)
- Credit or debit card payments are not accepted at the office.
For your convenience there is a drop box located on the side of the Town Hall (accessed from the upper parking lot and located on the left side of the building). The box is clearly marked. Please DO NOT deposit cash
in this drop box. Payments by check can be deposited in this drop box 24 hours a day, seven days a week
. Payments submitted during non-business hours will be received when the office reopens.