Southbury continues with recovery efforts and we are making great progress! Thank you for your patience during this difficult time.
- Please don’t forget that permits are required for repairs. Call the Building Department with any questions. 203-262-0609
- If you do not have power, please call Eversource at 1-800-286-2000. They want to be assured that your outage is not overlooked. There are incidents where Eversource crews are reporting restoration but may not be aware of individual situations.
- Eversource asks that everyone refer to our website for proper generator use. The detection of such a generator will cause the crew to move from your location to another location. Again, safety is the first priority. All wires should be considered live.
- Eversource report from last night: http://www.southbury-ct.org/filestorage/6821/25397/Eversource_CT_Southbury_Emergency_Briefing_5-21-18_6pm.pdf.
- Please DO NOT put storm debris in the right of way or in the road. This will hamper the clean-up and restoration efforts.
- A big thank you to the following towns that have sent crews to help us today: Bethlehem, Easton, Fairfield, West Hartford, Wolcott, Washington, Monroe, Watertown and Redding.
- The Transfer Station is open from 7am to 5pm, every day through Saturday, May 26, 2018.
- Parks and Rec is available for showers and device charging until 4 pm.
- Pomperaug High School is available for showers and device charging today from 3-10 pm.
The Town is open for business as usual. Please contact the appropriate department for your situation.
- Emergency 911
- General storm related questions 203-262-0647
- Building Inspector (for damaged homes) 203-262-0609
- Water is available at Community House Park through this evening; please bring your own containers.
- Water is available at the hydrant in the front of the Fire House through Thursday evening, bring your own containers.