There are no new reports of Coronavirus (COVID-19) in the Town of Southbury to report at this time. We are stressing the message of Stay Safe – Stay Home, which is part of the State of Connecticut’s executive order for all non-essential public community gatherings to be cancelled and all non-essential businesses statewide to close. If you do not need to leave your house, stay home. Please limit visitors within your home, movement within the community and only go out for necessities. Keep adhering to social distancing guidelines staying at least 6 feet away from others. You should continue these methods to help flatten the curve every day.
If you are a senior and wish to sign up for the Town of Southbury Senior Services robo telephone call to receive non emergency updates, please register at 203-262-0651.
Tips to stay safe:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds or use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Stay home if you are sick
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze or use the inside of your elbow.
- Clean AND disinfect frequently touched surfaces daily.
To disinfect: Most common EPA-registered household disinfectants will work. Use disinfectants appropriate for the surface.
- Diluting your household bleach. To make a bleach solution, mix:
- 5 tablespoons (1/3rd cup) bleach per gallon of water
- 4 teaspoons bleach per quart of water
- Alcohol solutions. Ensure solution has at least 70% alcohol.