The Town of Southbury Senior Services, with the help of the Knights of Columbus, will now start offering the shopping and delivery of groceries to be conducted Monday through Friday.
Seniors can submit their grocery needs on our town website at: www.southbury-ct.org/groceriesforseniors.
The senior should make every effort to create a shopping list for enough groceries for one week so we can serve all those who are in need.
Any senior that do not have access to the internet can call the Senior Center 203-262-0651 with the below information once they have prepared a list they can read to us over the phone.
They should include the following information:
- Full name
- Phone number
- Food Allergies
- Food Restrictions
- Whether they will accept substitutions if their item is not available.
Important information for senior:
- This is an offer to get your grocery shopping done so you do not need to leave your house.
- If you are calling us with your list, please have it ready before you call the Senior Center.
- Please be prepared to get a phone call from the shopping volunteer who will tell you the cost of the groceries so you may write your check payable to the Town of Southbury and either tape it to the outside of your door or place it under your doormat.
- We are only accepting checks payable to the Town of Southbury
- Please remain in your house until after the volunteer has left.
For questions or comments, please call the Southbury Senior Center at 203-262-0651.