Message from the Southbury Animal Control
Southbury Animal Control would like to give a friendly update for all of our two and four legged friends! Due to safety precautions, Southbury Dog Park is closed until further notice. This is a great opportunity to do some walking with your dog! Although most of the town operated parks prohibit dogs, there are some other wonderful parks in Southbury that allow dogs on leashes! Please go to www.southbury-ct.org/parks to see which parks allow dogs.
To help minimize community spread of COVID-19, please follow Connecticut DEEP guidelines when visiting any park. Stay safe and have fun!!
DRIVE-THROUGH COVID-19 TESTING SITE IN SOUTHBURY FOR PRE-REGISTERED PATIENTS ONLY ON APRIL 11
- Patients must be medically evaluated by a PhysicianOne Urgent Care provider in advance via a Virtual Visit to receive a test on Saturday
- Site open for one day
- Individuals do not need to be patients of PhysicianOne Urgent Care to qualify for testing
The towns of Oxford, Southbury and Woodbury along with PhysicianOne Urgent Care announced today that a drive-through COVID-19 testing site will be set up at PhysicianOne Urgent Care’s Southbury location, 900 Main Street, on Saturday, April 11, from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Licensed PhysicianOne Urgent Care health care providers will test patients who have completed a medical evaluation prior to Saturday via a Virtual Visit. Patients do not need to be current patients of PhysicianOne Urgent Care but must complete a medical evaluation pre-screen by PhysicianOne Urgent Care staff in advance by going to www.P1UC.com and following the prompts for the Pomperaug Health District drive-through testing pre-screen. If assistance is required to set up the virtual visit medical evaluation, the PhysicianOne Urgent Care team is available by calling 855-349-2828.
Click here to see the full press release.
New Rules for Southbury Senior Services Grocery Brigade
Due to the overwhelming response to the Grocery Brigade (200 calls per day), Senior Services will start implementing new rules for the process.
- Orders can be made by calling the new Grocery Brigade Hotline at 475-207-5504. Please leave your name and number on this line and a volunteer will call you back.
- Order can also be made by using the Senior Services website: www.southbury-ct.org/groceriesforseniors
- General email orders will not be accepted
- Orders will not be accepted from Watermark and Pomperaug Woods. We encourage you to seek staff at your facility for grocery assistance.
- Please be prepared to give your grocery list to the volunteer when they call. Your preparedness assist us in keeping up with the many daily calls we are handling.
- As our numbers and demand grow, it is important for you to place an order that will last you for two weeks.
- We will not be able to shop for you more frequently than every 2 weeks. Orders placed prior to 2 weeks will be rejected.
- Due to the number of seniors we are serving, if you have family locally that can shop for you, we greatly appreciate you asking them for help in order to assist us to help seniors that do not have family locally.
- Changes to your list after the order is submitted is not permitted.
- We cannot use food stamps.
- Payment by check, payable to the Town of Southbury, only and no tips accepted.