Latest State Guidance Currently In Effect:
- Gatherings: All social and recreational gatherings of more than 5 people are prohibited. Religious, spiritual, and worship gatherings of more than 50 are prohibited. This remains in effect until June 20, unless earlier modified.
- Face Coverings: When in public and a six-foot distance is unavoidable, face coverings are required to be worn. This does not apply to anyone for whom doing so would be contrary to their health because of a medical condition. Guidance on face coverings has been issued to the state's businesses. A CDC video explains how to make a face covering at home.
- Offices can resume in-person operations effective May 20 following specific sector rules.
- Retail establishments can resume in-person operations effective May 20 following specific sector rules.
- Restaurants are permitted to provide take-out and delivery services for off-premise consumption, and effective May 20 can serve food for in-person consumption using outdoor dining only and following specific sector rules.
- Bars that do not serve food remain closed until at least June 20, unless earlier modified.
- Gyms, theaters, nail salons, spas, and tattoo parlors remain closed until at least June 20, unless earlier modified.
- Hair salons remain closed and will be permitted to reopen in early June following specific sector rules.
- Schools: In-person classes at all pre-K to 12 schools are canceled for the remainder of the 2019-2020 academic year. Schools should continue distance learning.
- Summer camps: Summer camps will be permitted to open effective June 22. Guidance will be released in the coming days with specific details they must follow to operate.
- Travelers: Any person coming into Connecticut by any mode of transportation should self-quarantine for 14 days.