The Town of Southbury is hiring a full-time Zoning & Wetlands Administrative Assistant to join the Land Use Department. This position is 35 hours per week with a salary range of $40,000-$50,000 and offers a comprehensive benefits package. Salary is commensurate with experience. The position provides administrative and technical assistance to the Land Use Department as well as land use boards and commissions.
- Receives applications for monthly meetings and public hearings for the Zoning Commission, Inland Wetlands Commission and Zoning Board of Appeals and ensures applications are complete.
- Prepares correspondence relating to application status and approvals. Prepares specific correspondence about zoning and wetlands violations, letters to abutters and sign permits.
- Assists applicants with land use questions and ensures their applications comply with all applicable land use regulations.
- Prepares and posts legal notices; prepares agendas and packets for meetings, attends night meetings, takes notes and prepares minutes.
- Receives various performance bonds, maintains record of bonds and processes release of bonds as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of and ability to read and understand general municipal land use procedures and policies and Zoning and Inland Wetlands statutes and regulations.
- Advanced skills in writing and communications, bookkeeping techniques, computer technology including Excel and Word, office operations and procedures.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with other employees and the general public.
- Graduation from high school and two years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Specialized courses relating to land use and online permitting and GIS experience preferred.
Deadline to Apply:
Position will remain open until filled.
Applications are available online. Please submit completed application and resume to Claire Morris, Finance & Human Resources Administrator, at email@example.com. They can also be returned to Fiscal Office, 501 Main Street South, Southbury, CT 06488.
Town of Southbury is EOE/ADA employer. For more job listings, please visit Employment Opportunities page.