The Town of Southbury is hiring a full-time Director of Senior Services to manage the Southbury Senior Center. The position is 35 hours/week and offers a comprehensive benefits package. Salary range is $75,000-$85,000/year. This position is responsible for management of staff, volunteers and department operations ensuring the Town meets the needs of the senior population.
- Plans and coordinates outreach activities, such as health fairs and informational forums in collaboration with community providers
- Provides assistance and referrals to seniors involving financial, emotional and social issues
- Maintains the data collection system that tracks utilization of all program participation, inquiries, services and consultations provided
- Develops public relations materials including program brochures and detailed annual reports on all department activities
- Develops and manages the department budget, monitoring and tracking all department expenditures
- Manages senior transportation and bus fleet ensuring proper vehicle maintenance and effective services are provided
- Develops new programming for seniors based on assessment of community needs
- Coordinates with local, state and federal agencies to ensure that citizens are receiving available services and programs
- Assists with applications and relocations to alternate living situations including nursing homes, Life Care, etc.
- Oversees crisis intervention including home assessments and the provision of essential services to seniors
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Thorough knowledge of Federal, State and local laws, regulations, principles and practices of municipal elderly services, Municipal Agent law and social service needs and practice.
- Ability to analyze social problems, ensure appropriate counsel and develop and implement new programs and activities to address related problems.
- Ability and desire to work effectively with Southbury’s senior citizens.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including ability to speak publicly to community groups and boards and commissions
- Knowledge of computer technology including Microsoft Office, scheduling systems and senior specific programs
- Bachelor’s degree in social services, human development or health related field
- Three (3) to four (4) years of related experience, at least two in a supervisory capacity
- An equivalent combination of experience and education may be considered
Deadline to Apply:
Deadline for receiving applications is October 21, 2022.
Applications are available online. Please submit completed application and resume to Claire Morris, Finance & Human Resources Administrator, at firstname.lastname@example.org. They can also be returned to Fiscal Office, 501 Main Street South, Southbury, CT 06488.
Town of Southbury is EOE/ADA employer. For more job listings, please visit Employment Opportunities page.