Southbury Parks and Recreation Department is hiring Assistant Camp Director for Adventure Day Camp.
The Assistant Camp Director is a vital part of the overall success of the program and is the main support to the Camp Director for Adventure Day Camp, grades 1-5. Acts as the Counselor-in-Training’s (C.I.T.) point of contact and conducts their leadership training weekly.
Adventure Camp Director, Recreation Supervisor, Director of Parks & Recreation
Camp Counselors, Head Counselors, Activity Specialists, Counselors-in-Training (C.I.T.), and campers
Responsibilities & Skills:
- Responsible for creating and presenting lesson plans for the C.I.T. weekly leadership meetings
- Leads campers daily in a variety of recreation activities as instructed by the Camp Director
- Coordinates pool schedule for campers with pool staff
- Daily supervision, evaluation, and discipline of campers and staff
- Assists Camp Director with managing lost and found items to find/return items to campers
- Takes on the Camp Director’s duties in the event they are unavailable
- Assists the Camp Director with assigning campers to Camp Counselors
- Organizes and directs vendors while they are on-site, or while on field trips
- Assists the Camp Director with attendance and camp forms/records, leading communications with parents at a daily pre-screening, sign in and sign out station
- Assists the Camp Director with training/weekly meetings as needed
- Maintains superior communication with staff and parents by developing and maintaining respect and cooperation
- Ensures the safety and well-being of campers by providing high quality risk management and by adhering to camp standards and town/department policies at all times
- Makes recommendations to the Camp Director regarding the Summer Camp program
- May assist the Camp Director with staff evaluations
- May assist the Head Camp Counselor in cleaning duties
- Administers First Aid/CPR/AED as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum of two or three years as a summer camp counselor (Southbury Parks and Rec camps preferred). Must be at least 18 years of age. Ability to operate standard office equipment including but not limited to telephone, copy machine, computer, and standard office software.
Must have certification in CPR/AED and First Aid for Adult and Pediatric, Medication Administration and Epi Pen or get certified before the start of camp.
$17.25/hour; approximately 35-40 hours a week
Deadline to Apply:
Deadline for receiving applications is April 15, 2023 or until filled.
Applications are available online. Completed applications should be returned to Southbury Parks and Recreation, 561 Main Street South, Southbury or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Town of Southbury is EOE/ADA employer. For more job listings, please visit Employment Opportunities page.