Southbury Parks and Recreation Department is hiring STEM Activities Specialist for Adventure Day Camp.
The STEM Activities Specialist plans and implements age appropriate STEM-based projects, games, and activities for Adventure Day Camp, grades 1-5. The Activities Specialist will be on site most days to run multiple stations from 30 minutes to 1 hour long, during the estimated hours of 9:00am-3:00pm.
Recreation Supervisor, Camp Director, Assistant Camp Director, and Head Camp Counselor
Campers, Counselors-in-Training (C.I.T.) and Camp Counselors
Responsibilities & Skills:
- Creates a lesson plan with clear instructions and time durations for daily STEM recreational games, activities, and projects incorporating camp’s weekly themes with typed up plans submitted to the Recreation Supervisor, Camp Director and Assistant Camp Director by assigned deadline. Plans must utilize materials in current inventory and Specialist must submit a shopping list for approval to the Recreation Supervisor for materials not already available
- Sets up and cleans working area at start/end of day and between sessions
- Implements and leads daily activities based on approved plan (excluding field trip days)
- Assists and coordinates camp counselors, C.I.T. and campers in activities as needed ensuring the camp counselors and C.I.T. are helping the campers and engaging in the activity
- Observes necessary precautions to secure safety of recreation participants and spectators, and renders routine first aid in case of minor injury
- Knowledge of leadership and organization techniques
- Familiarity with the care and use of recreation equipment
- Knowledge of recreation games, rules of popular sports, basic arts and crafts, and athletic activities outside of lesson plans and implement them as needed
- Ability to cooperate with employees and participants
- Administers First Aid/CPR/AED as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Ability to operate standard office equipment including but not limited to telephone, copy machine, computer, and standard office software.
Must have certification in CPR/AED and First Aid for Adult and Pediatric or get certified before the start of camp.
$15.75/hour; approximately 25-35 hours a week
Deadline to Apply:
Deadline for receiving applications is April 15, 2023 or until filled.
Applications are available online. Completed applications should be returned to Southbury Parks and Recreation, 561 Main Street South, Southbury or emailed to email@example.com.
Town of Southbury is EOE/ADA employer. For more job listings, please visit Employment Opportunities page.