Southbury Parks and Recreation Department is hiring Summer Camp Counselor for Teenscape Camp.
Performs entry level work leading groups of children in a variety of simple recreation activities at various sites. Serves as an assistant to the Head Counselor, working under their close supervision to become familiar with the recreation program and the techniques and standards approved by the department. Work is subject to regular inspection and review for conformity to established methods and standards.
Assistant Camp Director and Camp Director
Campers and Counselors-in-Training (C.I.T.)
Responsibilities & Skills:
- Supervises campers on field trips and enforce location site rules with campers
- Assists in the organization and management of campers maintaining discipline at all times
- Observes necessary pre-cautions to secure safety of recreation participants and spectators, and renders routine first aid in case of minor injury
- Knowledge of and ability to assist in the conduct of special recreation activities such as arts & crafts, dancing, drama, and recreation sports, etc.
- Some knowledge of leadership techniques
- Ability to plan, organize and conduct simple recreation activities
- Familiarity with the care and use of recreation equipment
- Ability to cooperate with employees and participants
- Administers First Aid/CPR/AED as needed
- Other duties as assigned
Must have certification in CPR/AED and First Aid for Adult and Pediatric or get certified before the start of camp.
$15.00/hour; approximately 35 hours a week
Deadline to Apply:
Deadline for receiving applications is April 15, 2023.
Applications are available online. Completed applications should be returned to Southbury Parks and Recreation, 561 Main Street South, Southbury or emailed to email@example.com.
Town of Southbury is EOE/ADA employer. For more job listings, please visit Employment Opportunities page.