The Southbury Department of Public Works is hiring Seasonal Laborers to assist the Highway division in maintaining Town roads and vehicles.
- Assisting in minor road and drainage work, including cleaning pipes and outfalls, placing signs, repairing erosion damage, etc.
- Minor vehicle repair and maintenance
- Assisting in cutting and removing trees and brush
- Placing cones, flagging, and directing traffic
- Removing and disposing of garbage and debris
- Other duties as assigned by the Road Foreman
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Able to work long periods of time in varying weather conditions with minimal supervision
- Able to move up to 50 pounds without assistance
- Able to use or learn to use a variety of road and vehicle maintenance tools and equipment
Pay and hours:
- 40 hours/week
- Employment duration approximately May-August
Deadline to Apply:
Deadline for receiving applications is April 14, 2023.
Applications are available online. A completed application and a resume should be emailed to email@example.com or returned to the Finance Office at 501 Main Street South Southbury, CT 06488.
Town of Southbury is EOE/ADA employer. For more job listings, please visit Employment Opportunities page.