The Town of Southbury is hiring a per diem Laborer at the Transfer Station. Hours are variable based on the needs of the department. Salary range is $16.00-$18.00/hour.
This position is responsible for manual labor duties and monitoring and assisting in the deposit of recycling and solid waste materials.
- Assist customers with their recycling and solid waste materials
- Clean up debris and litter at the Transfer Station
- Receive payments for recycling and solid waste materials
- Prepare trailers for transport and move appliances, electronics, car batteries and other items
- Clear snow and ice from the walkway and containers
- Place and secure tarps on containers
- Perform other manual work as assigned
Deadline to Apply:
Position will remain open until filled.
Applications are available online. A completed application and a resume should be emailed to email@example.com or returned to the Finance Office at 501 Main Street South Southbury, CT 06488.
Town of Southbury is EOE/ADA employer. For more job listings, please visit Employment Opportunities page.