The Town of Southbury is actively monitoring the spread of COVID-19. Since January, Southbury has been in close coordination with State and local Health Departments staying abreast of all of the changes with the spread of COVID-19. Southbury is working closely with Pomperaug District Department of Health to stay up to date with current CDC, State and Local guidance.
Individuals experiencing symptoms are encouraged to call these hotlines to mitigate the high-volume call-intake of the state's emergency departments and medical practices.
- Danbury Hospital: 888-667-9262. Hours of operation: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.; seven days a week.
- Griffin Health: 203-204-1053. Hours of operation: Monday – Friday from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Hartford Healthcare: (860) 972-8100 or (toll-free) (833) 621-0600. Hours of operation: 24 hour.
- Yale New Haven Health: 1-833-ASK-YNHH (1-833-275-9644). Hours of operation: 7 a.m. to 7 p.m, Monday – Friday.
- Pediatric Hotline – Connecticut Children’s Medical Center: 1-833-226-2362. Hours of operation: 24 hour.
For general questions related to COVID-19 (not medical questions), the State of Connecticut has partnered with United Way of Connecticut to launch an information hotline: call 2-1-1 or text “CTCOVID” to 898211.
Town Status List
- The Town of Southbury has declared a Local State of Emergency to give the First Selectman a broader authority to address the spread of the COVID-19 virus, public health and safety of the town’s residents. It also put the town in position to receive federal reimbursements for expenses used during the crisis.
- All Town of Southbury buildings are closed to the public. Business will be conducted by appointment only. Please go to southbury-ct.org/departments for a list of departments and extensions or call 203-262-0600. Please do not make appointments if you have been exposed to COVID-19 or are feeling ill.
- The Southbury Building Department will be available for permit issuance between the hours of 1:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m., through scheduled appointments only, until further notice.
- All Park and Recreation activities are cancelled.
- All Senior Center activities and trips are cancelled.
- Senior Center transportation services are offered for medical appointments only.
- Income Tax prep by Vita at Senior Center is now postponed.
- Southbury Police is not fingerprinting for pistol permits, job applications or routine matters.
- The Southbury Public Library is closed until further notice. The Library is waiving all DVD, museum pass, and Kindle late fees until further notice. Please do not return any materials from other libraries as currently the Southbury Library is unable to send materials to other libraries. For more updates, go to southburylibrary.org.
- Transfer Station is open for recycling and trash only. Items requiring payment are not accepted at this time.
- All Southbury historical buildings are closed.
- Heritage Village transportation is provided for medical appointments and grocery shopping only.
- The Connecticut Food Bank Mobile Pantry Truck will not be at the Southbury distribution site until further notice. Any questions can be directed to the Connecticut Food Bank at 203-469-5000 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The scheduled for Saturday, April 4, 2020 Household Hazardous Waste collection event in Naugatuck has been postponed.
- Parks are open but please keep practicing social distancing in public places, including parks and Streetscape. As local parks, fields and playgrounds are continuing to be used, please be mindful of best hygiene and disinfecting practices as related to COVID-19. Cleaning and disinfecting protocol and full prevention details can be found at: www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prepare/prevention.html.
- The Pomperaug District Department of Health is currently open on a limited basis to the public. Please call (203) 264-9616 to confirm availability.
- Presidential Primary Election has been rescheduled to June 2, 2020.
- List of restaurants/food options in Southbury during the coronavirus: southbury-ct.org/restaurants-covid19.