The Southbury and Woodbury Public Libraries are excited to partner together for an Interlibrary Rubik’s Cube Competition for Grades 1-12 on Saturday, October 28, 2023 from 2-3pm at the Woodbury Public Library.
For the Interlibrary Rubik’s Cube Competition on Saturday, October 28 at the Woodbury Public Library, participants can compete in the events listed below.
- Team Blindfold 3x3 Solve Open to Grades 1-12
- Grades 1-4 3x3 Cube Fastest Solve
- Grades 5-8 3x3 Cube Fastest Solve
- Grades 9-12 3x3 Cube Fastest Solve
Prizes will be offered for first place in all the events. This program is free to attend and open to anyone in Grades 1-12 regardless of town of residency, but registration is required. Because this program has limited spaces, we encourage interested participants to register as soon as possible.
There are three ways to register:
- In person at the Southbury Public Library or Woodbury Public Library
- By calling the Southbury Public Library at 203-262-0626 x3 or the Woodbury Public Library at 203-263-3502
- Online at the Southbury Public Library at https://www.southburylibrary.org/cube or at the Woodbury Public Library at https://www.eventkeeper.com/mars/xpages/xp_newpopevent.cfm?zeeOrg=WOODBURY&EventID=7369349&sw=1920
For those interested in practicing in a group setting or learning the basics, drop in practices will be held at the Woodbury Public Library on Wednesdays in October (11, 18, & 25) from 3:30-4:30pm and at the Southbury Public Library on Thursdays in October (12, 19, & 26) from 4-5pm. No registration is required for these practice sessions; like the competition itself, they are free and open to residents of any town in Grades 1-12.
This program is co-sponsored by the Friends of the Southbury Public Library and the Friends of the Woodbury Public Library.