On March 16, 2020 at 3:00 pm the Town of Southbury opened its Emergency Operation Center (EOC). The town is actively coordinating and communicating with emergency services, public health agencies and DEMHS (Division of Emergency Management and Homeland Security) to best serve and educate the citizens of Southbury.
At this time the citizens should be diligent with their personal hygiene and social distancing. Most importantly, your efforts to limit social exposure will be your best defense against COVID-19.
Today’s announcement from the EOC:
- All Town of Southbury buildings are closed to the public. Business will be conducted by appointment only. Please go to southbury-ct.org/departments for a list of departments and extensions or call 203-262-0600.
- All Park and Recreation activities are cancelled.
- Senior Center transportation services are offered for medical appointments and grocery shopping only, not activities.
- The Town library is closed until further notice.
- Meetings for senior tax assistance ARE still being honored at the Senior Center.
- Items requiring payment at the transfer station will not be accepted starting immediately. Recycling and trash will still be accepted during regularly scheduled hours.
- Please keep practicing social distancing in public places including parks and streetscape.
- Heritage Village transportation is provided for medical appointments and grocery shopping, not activities.
- Beginning Thursday, March 19, 2020 all Stop & Shop stores will open earlier (daily from 6:00AM-7:30AM) to serve customers who are age 60 and over only.
- For up-to-date information from the Pomperaug District Department of Health, please go to www.pddh.org/programs/covid-19-coronavirus.php
- The State of Connecticut has partnered with United Way of Connecticut to launch an information hotline for questions from the public regarding issues related to the spread of COVID-19 (Coronavirus). People who have questions can call 2-1-1 or text “CTCOVID” to 898211.
Individuals experiencing symptoms are encouraged to call these hotlines to mitigate the high-volume call-intake of the state's emergency departments and medical practices.
- Danbury Hospital: 888-667-9262. Hours of operation: 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.; seven days a week.
- Griffin Health: 203-204-1053. Hours of operation: Monday – Friday from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Hartford Healthcare: (860) 972-8100 or (toll-free) (833) 621-0600. Hours of operation: 24 hour.
- Yale New Haven Health: 1-833-ASK-YNHH (1-833-275-9644). Hours of operation: 7 a.m. to 7 p.m, Monday – Friday.
Testing for COVID-19
Testing is typically done in a hospital setting or at mobile testing site with doctor’s orders. Several mobile testing sites have been established at various locations. Call the hospital/testing site or visit their website for the most current information and to find out what you need to get tested.
- Waterbury Hospital Mobile Testing Facility: 203-573-6000. 7 days a week, 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM.
- Danbury Hospital – Nuvance Health: 203-739-4344. Monday – Saturday, 8:30 AM – 3:30 PM.
- Griffin Hospital: 203-204-1053 (main number for hospital). Will open on 3/17/2020
- Murphy Medical Associates: 203-658-6051. Three testing sites located in Stratford, Stamford, & Greenwich. Monday – Friday, 7:00 AM – 9:00 PM.
- Hartford HealthCare: Mobile Test Site. Testing Sites are located in Hartford, Bridgeport, Meriden, Norwich and Torrington. Visit their website for more information.