Southbury Parks and Recreation has opportunities for kids ages three and up in these exciting programs.
For Ages 3-5
Toddlers ages 3-5 will have the opportunity to be introduced to the fundamentals of basketball and team-building exercises during the Shooting Stars Pre-School Basketball Clinic in a fun and nurturing environment.
- Shooting Stars: Basketball Clinic – Fall session | Ages 3-5 | Tuesdays, 10/18-11/22 | 3:45pm-4:30pm - Register by 10/17
- Shooting Stars: Basketball Clinic – November session | Ages 3-5 | Mondays, 11/7 & 11/14 | 4:30pm-5:15pm - Register by 10/17
- Shooting Stars: Basketball Clinic – November/December session | Ages 3-5 | Mondays, 11/28-12/19 | 4:30pm-5:15pm - Register by 11/21
- Shooting Stars: Basketball Game – October | Ages 3-5 | Saturday, 10/15 | 12:30pm-1:00pm - Register by 10/10
- Shooting Stars: Basketball Game – November | Ages 3-5 | Saturday, 11/12 | 12:30pm-1:00pm - Register by 11/10
For Grades 1-2
This program introduces the skills and rules needed to play basketball. The participants move from station to station working on passing, dribbling, shooting, running and playing defense.
- Little Swishers - Session A | Grades 1-2 | Saturdays, 1/7-2/11 | 8:30am-9:30am - Register by 12/29
- Little Swishers - Session B | Grades 1-2 | Saturdays, 1/7-2/11 | 9:45am-10:45am - Register by 12/29
For Grades 5-8
This camp is designed to develop middle school age girls and boys skills/fundamentals and allow them to sharpen their game for their middle school and travel seasons. Registrations ends soon!
- Panther Basketball Camp | Grades 5-8 | Various Days, 10/13 –10/25 | 5:00pm-6:30pm - Register by 10/3
For Grades 3-12
Southbury and Middlebury Parks and Recreation and the Pomperaug Basketball Community have partnered together for the Recreation and Travel Basketball Leagues.
Call For Coaches
Volunteer coaches, for ALL GRADES, are needed in the recreation league. Volunteers help make our basketball program a success. Time commitment: teams practice one night a week November-February and play one game a week on Saturdays from December to February (excluding holidays). Multiple games may be played in March for the playoffs depending on advancement and may consist of Saturdays and Sundays. High School Recreation coaches will have a commitment of Saturdays or Sundays from January-February. A great way to pay it forward. Please sign up below before October 21, 2022.
No experience required. Training available through the Pomperaug Basketball Community.
Thank you to all of the volunteers who continue to make Region 15 such a great community!
All interested volunteers please register by clicking here.