501 Main Street South
Southbury, CT 06488
Maps and Directions
Monday - Thursday:
8:00am - 4:30pm (Recordings until 4:00pm)
Fri: 8:00am - 1:00pm (Recordings until 12:30pm)
In the State of Connecticut it is the law to license your dog in the Town Clerk's Office of the Town in which you reside as soon as the dog has reached the age of 6 months. Dogs are licensed each year during the month of June and licenses can be obtained in person or by mail.
Dog licensing by mail:
Please mail the following items to Southbury Town Clerk's Office, 501 Main Street South, Southbury, CT 06488:
- Dog license application - filled out and printed
- Copy of your dog's current rabies certificate from the veterinarian (the Town Clerk office is required to see and examine the Rabies Certificate for tag number and expiration date)
- Copy of Spay / Neuter Certificate, if licensing a new or recently spayed/neutered dog
- Appropriate fee (see fee schedule below) - check or money order only
- A self-addressed, stamped envelope
We will return any documents of proof that are sent to us via mail.
If you no longer have your dog or you're moving out of town, please remember to call the Town Clerk office at (203) 262-0657 so that we can remove your information from our records.
|Non Neutered/Spayed Dogs
|Late licensing penalty
||$1.00 per month of fraction thereof, starting on July 1
|Transfer of ownership
||$1.00 for new license tag if already licensed
|Change of residency (town)
||$50.00 (plus 10¢ per tag)
$100.00 (plus 10¢ per tag)
|Dogs that service Blind, Deaf and Mobility Impaired residents (documentation is required)
The Town Clerk Office does not accept debit cards or credit cards.