The Town of Southbury currently has no confirmed cases of COVID-19. We continue to coordinate with local, district, regional and state agencies to protect the well-being of this community.
- Please keep practicing social distancing in public places, including parks and Streetscape. As local parks, fields and playgrounds are continuing to be used, please be mindful of best hygiene and disinfecting practices as related to COVID-19. Cleaning and disinfecting protocol and full prevention details can be found at: www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/prepare/prevention.html.
- Connecticut Children’s Medical Center will be launching a pediatric coronavirus hotline to provide expert advice to community pediatricians and parents on COVID-19. The hotline will ‘go live’ starting on Thursday, March 19 at 8 a.m. and will connect parents and pediatricians to a Connecticut Children’s clinician 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The hotline phone number is 1-833-226-2362.
In addition to the hotline, Connecticut Children’s has also launched a Coronavirus Information Center on its website. Parents can visit www.connecticutchildrens.org/coronavirus to be connected to answers from frequently asked questions, blogs about how to talk to your child about the outbreak, information about virtual visit options and ways to keep a schedule while schools are closed.
- All Town of Southbury buildings are closed to the public. Business will be conducted by appointment only. Please go to southbury-ct.org/departments for a list of departments and extensions or call 203-262-0600.
- The Pomperaug District Department of Health is currently open on a limited basis to the public. Please call (203) 264-9616 to confirm availability.
- The State of Connecticut has partnered with United Way of Connecticut to launch an information hotline for questions from the public regarding issues related to the spread of COVID-19. People who have questions can call 2-1-1 or text “CTCOVID” to 898211.
- Beginning Thursday, March 19. 2020 all Stop & Shop stores will open earlier (daily from 6:00 a.m. - 7:30 a.m.) to serve customers who are age 60 and over only.
- Check the Town of Southbury coronavirus information page for additional information at: www.southbury-ct.org/coronavirus.
- Check the Pomperaug District Dept. of Health for the latest updates at: www.pddh.org/programs/covid-19-coronavirus.php.